Wednesday, 1 August 2007

Habit 3: Put 1st Things 1st

YES! I am back! I just finished this week's sharing session with my team, Habit 3: Put first things first. And I personally feel I did great; I delivered the points Dr.Covey conveyed in his audio CD, books & training - all in an hour!
What makes the difference this time, I think it's the fuel - the audience. I failed them, during the last session (Habit 2) when my mind was distracted by personal matters. I had to cancel last week's session since I wasn't ready and was afraid of another dissapoitnment. But I managed to get up and start walking again. I was surprised when only 2 people didn't make it this time; the room was still full of eager learners, who apparently still have faith in my ability. I am deeply honoured by their faith in me, and still giving me the oppurtunity to share with them what I've learned from Dr.Covey.
Today, we shared the following:

Day 3:
• See-Do-Get
• Big Rocks
• Compass vs. Clock
• Time Management Matrix
• “How to keep little things, little?”
• How To Plan the Week
• Challenge of the week
It's hard to keep going, when old habits & excuses pull you like gravity. It's easier for me to give up and call it quit, but I am not a quitter. And apparently neither do my friends. Right after the session, I watched a very inspiring video call 212 degree (http://www.212movie.com). I am even more confident now that I cannot stop since I have 12 people counting on me to share the wisdom of Dr.Covey's teaching.
I am so glad to discover that the fuel that keep me going, are not praises, acknowledgement or monetary gain. But seeing the faith & trust, my fellow friends had in me ignite the fire within, and I don't want it to fade away.
It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life...we can never help another, without helping ourselves.

No comments: