Monday, 17 December 2007

Trying time

In my 33 years of living, today would be one of those days where reminding myself to make full use of Habit 1, is the only thing that I can do in order to keep sane.


Last month, I changed my career of 10 years and uprooted my family to a new country. It's been a month; my hubby hates his new job, the kids hate their new school, teachers and friends. Sadly, I have to say the same about my new environment too.

It's easy to fall into all habits and blame everything but at the same time I cannot afford to sulk into self-condemning of making this decision. I have made my decision, considering all risks and possibilities, and I have to be responsible for its outcome; both good and bad. My biggest hurdle is to be a cheerleader to hubby & my children when things are going tough for them; while I myself need the most cheerleading and support. And I have no one but myself to turn to.

At times like this, I remind myself of Viktor Frankl. No matter how hard my obstacle see to be, they are miniscule compared to what Victor had to endure. I am using the same techniques, taking these circumstances as mere journey to take myself and my family to a higher place. It is just a matter of time before everything will fall into place. I will just have to concentrate on my circle of influence and take one day at a time, with the end in mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shila, I've just have some time to read this and sad that you have to go through the tough time. Hope everything is picking up by now but are glad that you are utilizing 7 habits in your life, which I am very lagging behind. Will have to pick up soon..Just about to install my PlanPlus. :(
Take care!

CC